Instrument Transformer (CT / VT) Testing at Laboratory
In order to give confidence on quality of instrument transformers, manufacturers need to provide third party, NABL accredited test / calibration reports of voltage and current transformer prior to dispatch. Some time utilities or end consumer may also need such test reports prior to commissioning. These may also be witnessed by utility officers.
YMPL provides testing services for these instrument transformers.
Ratio and phase errors of voltage and current transformers (as per IS 3156, IS 2705, IS 16227 series and IEC 61869 series) are measured using primary injection method. Individual voltage and current transformer test certificate with ratio and phase errors for each core / winding is provided. All test for LT CT including short time over current (STC), thermal current and dynamic current are performed.
- Testing of HV / EHV CT / VT up to 132 kV and up to 2500 A
- Testing of CT / VT accuracy class 0.2S, 0.2, 0.5S, 0.5
- NABL accredited test certificate
- BIS recognised laboratory for LT CT testing
- Use of automated test system
- Individual instrument error report
- Quick turnaround time (TAT)